Metal VS Plastic bins: Which is the Best Choice for Industrial Laundry?
- Durability: Metal bins are made of heavy-duty materials and are designed to withstand rough handling, heavy loads, and impact. This makes them ideal for an industrial laundry setting where they will be subjected to frequent use and handling.
- Steel: Using bins made of recyclable steel instead of plastic is better for the environment due to its sustainability and durability. Steel is a recyclable material that can be reused multiple times, and it has a well-established recycling infrastructure. It also requires less energy to produce and produces fewer greenhouse gases compared to plastic. Choosing steel bins is not only better for the environment, but it also supports a more sustainable future.
- Zinc plating treatment: Zinc plating is a surface treatment applied to metal bins to protect them from corrosion. It involves adding a thin layer of zinc to the surface of the bin, which acts as a barrier to prevent rust and other forms of corrosion caused by exposure to moisture and oxygen. This treatment enhances the durability, lifespan, and appearance of the metal bin, making it a more reliable and attractive storage solution.
- Lightweight and easy to handle: Metal bins are generally more lightweight and easier to handle compared to plastic bins due to their unique properties. Metal has a higher strength-to-weight ratio, meaning it can support heavy loads while being lighter in weight than plastic. This makes metal bins easier to move and transport, reducing the physical strain on workers and improving efficiency. Additionally, metal bins often have handles or other features designed for easy handling, adding to their convenience. Overall, metal bins provide a lightweight and easy-to-handle storage solution for a variety of applications.
- Replace of any broken parts: In a metal bin, it’s possible to replace any broken parts. Metal is a strong and durable material, but it can become damaged over time. Replacing broken parts allows for the bin to be restored to its original function, extending its lifespan and reducing the need for frequent replacements. This can be more cost-effective in the long run compared to replacing the entire bin. Additionally, metal parts are often widely available, making it easy to find and replace any broken pieces.
- Transportation cost optimization: Using metal bins in the export transportation industry can optimize costs by being lightweight and durable. Metal bins are generally lighter than plastic bins, reducing the weight of the overall shipment and fuel costs for transportation. They are also strong and durable, reducing the need for frequent replacements, and minimizing the risk of damage during transit, leading to reduced repair and replacement costs. Additionally, metal bins can be optimized for space and stacking, increasing the efficiency of the shipping process and reducing the cost of transportation. Overall, using metal bins can lead to significant cost savings in the export transportation industry.
- Washable and reusable cover: Metal bins are easy to clean and maintain, and they don’t absorb moisture or harbor bacteria, which is important in a laundry environment. Also you can add a washable and reusable cover with your logo.
- More fire resistance: In an industrial laundry, there is a higher risk of fire due to the presence of heat sources and flammable materials. Metal bins are more fire-resistant than plastic bins.
In conclusion, metal bins are a better choice for industrial laundry due to their durability, fire resistance, hygienic nature, and cost-effectiveness. They provide a safe, efficient, and reliable storage solution for this demanding environment.
Why choose Sumal?
- We assign an advisor to each client.
- We analyze the client’s specific needs.
- We propose the best solution for each case, with high standards of quality and service at competitive prices.